#RealMadrid #Sport #Soccer #News

Related news

Coronavirus has hit European football hard in recent weeks with the virus landing in Italy. Last day was a real well of uncertainty in the A series for the spread of the epidemic in the north of the country. All this to the point that the Italian Federation decreed that several meetings would be played behind closed doors.

The Government of Italy took measures to prevent the coronavirus from spreading in the country. In the world of football, matches like Inter-Sampdoria, Atalanta-Sassuolo, Verona-Cagliari and Torino-Parma They disputed without public. Something that will continue this day with level matches like the Juventus-Inter.

This situation is beginning to cross borders and Spanish football could be compromised in the coming weeks. The coronavirus has landed in big cities like Madrid, Valencia or Seville -among others-, where there have been cases that have caused great concern in the country. A spread that has put in check The league and that it has, much of its origin, in the match that the Valencia disputed in Milan before him Atalanta.

Atalanta-Valencia, the origin

Those of Albert Celades they traveled to northern Italy to play the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 at the stadium San Siro. The Atalanta could not dispute the match in his stadium – the Atleti Azzurri d’Italia– and they had to move to the big city of the Lombardy region.

After the tie, in which Atalanta won Valencia 4-1 on the scoreboard, several ches fans returned to Spain with symptoms of the outbreak of COVID-19 That was wreaking havoc in Italy.

Valencia fans in Milan

EFE

The Deputy Director of Epidemiology and Health Surveillance of the Generalitat Valenciana, Hermelinda Vanaclocha, confirmed it at a press conference a few days after the tie. “They contacted 112, but they are still being assessed, they cannot be said to be cases under study,” he said.

Valencia, aware of the seriousness of the situation, sent to its 2,400 fans who traveled to Milan a statement from the Ministry of Health about the coronavirus; detailing some of the measures to be taken in case of detecting the appearance of symptoms such as fever, cough or feeling of shortness of breath.

A few hours after the restlessness generated before the possible landing of the coronavirus in Spain, one of the first cases related to the world of football was known: the sports journalist Kike Mateu He was infected by the virus, just after traveling to Milan last week to cover the match between Valencia and Atalanta.

Clubs protect themselves from the coronavirus

Faced with this situation, Valencia has already taken action. The club has activated a series of measures with the aim of preventing any member of the entity from getting the COVID-19 outbreak. “All those acts, meetings or public gatherings in enclosed spaces that pose a risk to players, technicians and club staff are canceled,” he said in a statement.

“Any non-sports public activity with members of the first team is canceled until further notice, including the usual coach press conference prior to the LaLiga match, as well as all appearances, before and after,” added the club with reference to the match this Saturday before the Betis.

Valencia has also suspended the act of homage to David Villa I planned to celebrate in Mestalla this weekend. A commemorative canvas was to be installed on the facade of the stadium, next to that of ches legends such as Kempes or Albelda

Valencia, during a training in his sports city

Valencia, during a training in his sports city

EFE

It is not the first club to take action. The staff of Barcelona has received this Friday the visit of the doctor Antoni Trilla, Head of Preventive Medicine of Epidemiology of Cínic Hospital of Barcelona, for a talk on the relevant health recommendations for the coronavirus.

The Barça team already knows what it is to deal with this situation, since they recently had to travel to Naples to play the round of 16 of the Champions League. In fact, those of Quique Setién they had to pass a temperature control at the airport when stepping on Italian soil.

The Classic, in the spotlight

Precisely, around Barcelona Turn the new front that opens in Spanish football for the coronavirus. And is that the health crisis can put the Classic in check next Sunday, March 1 that will be played in the Santiago Bernabeu.

The clash between Real Madrid and Barça is not in danger, but it could be played behind closed doors – as in some Serie A matches – if the situation worsens. Fernando Simon, director of Emergency Center, has transmitted that the Ministry of Health it will not prohibit, at least for the moment, mass social events.

The Classic, under the threat of the coronavirus

The Classic, under the threat of the coronavirus

Reuters

The Coronavirus Evaluation and Monitoring Committee maintains a constant analysis of the outbreak and for the moment rule out increasing the level of control. The containment scenario 1 is still planned.

The possibility of going to a higher level is on the table: “As we have cases where we do not identify the origin of the point of infection, we are closer to the possibility of a change of scenery.”

The next step would be the mitigation scenario (level 2), of which the measures are still unknown, but which could affect the celebration of sporting events that concentrate large crowds; such as, El Clasico.

Calm is transmitted from La Liga, although they do not rule out that the match between Madrid and Barça could suffer modifications. “We have not considered for now to suspend El Clásico for the coronavirus, but we do have a commission studying the situation since Sunday. We always work in the forecast, never in the improvisation,” said Javier Tebas.

El Getafe, in ‘zone 0’

As the hours progress, the health crisis worsens and there is concern about what may happen in the coming weeks; especially in teams like Getafe, which will have to visit Italy to meet Inter Milan in the first leg of the Europa League round of 16.

The azulones will have to travel to the city that caused the journalist Kike Mateu to get the coronavirus during the Atalanta – Valencia. A situation that causes uncertainty in Getafe, despite the fact that internal sources of the club indicate to EL ESPAÑOL that the UEFA has not opened any special protocol for the tie.

There are just less than two weeks left before the game between Getafe and Inter – March 12 – is played in San Siro, so the situation can change. However, the Italian team already saw how his match was canceled before the Sampdoria – during the last day of Serie A – and how the public was banned from his party of Europa League before him Ludogorets. In addition, this week he will live again in league against the Juventus.

Inter-sampdoria

These preventive measures generate concern. It remains to be seen if the match against Getafe will be played behind closed doors or if the Madrid club would allow interist fans to visit Alfonso Pérez Coliseum. Everything remains in the air waiting for the evolution of the coronavirus.

[Más información: El comparador: así llegan los onces de Real Madrid y Barcelona a El Clásico]

#RealMadridSport

#RealMadridSportNews

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.